[quote]RM3,000 is poverty line for the urban poor
By LESTER KONG and IZATUN SHAARI
PETALING JAYA: The Government has decided to set RM3,000 as the poverty line for the urban poor based on feedback from people living in major urban areas such as Kuala Lumpur.
This is according to Federal Territories Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin whose ministry is to be renamed Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry, in efforts to improve the lives of the urban poor.
“If you have three children and your household income is RM3,000 or below, you’re almost at the poverty line,” he said, adding that many lower income families had more than four children and still needed to pay for their cars, houses and other mortgage payments.
Therefore, a new set of criteria to eradicate urban poverty is in the pipeline, he said.
“I will have to work out the details with my ministry’s secretary-general,” he said on the sidelines of a family fair at the Malay-sian Tourism Information Centre here yesterday. Raja Nong said his ministry would also have to conduct a new census to identify those who came under the urban poverty mark.
“The number of urban poor and slum dwellers in the cities is rising,” said Raja Nong.
“There is no social safety net for such people, including single parents with three to five children living in low-cost flats.”
In his Budget 2010 speech on Friday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak an-nounced that urban poverty eradication programmes would be drawn out nationwide.
The Budget had allocated RM48mil to implement the programmes.
According to Housing and Local Govern-ment Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha, the Government had decided two to three months ago that urban poverty eradication would be handled primarily by the Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU) under the Prime Minister’s Department.
“The information of those identified as being in the urban poverty bracket will be passed on to the ICU, which gets a list from the Rural Department, and other ministries and departments.”
Reference : [url=http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/10/26/nation/4974360&sec=nation]http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...4360&sec=nation[/url]
How to help the needy!
- We are kopohration specialized in helping the low income wagers of Maresia
- we understand how difficult the low income earners life in maresia.
- we can provide part-time jobs and many other opportunities to make your life better and thus make Maresia a better country to live!
Job opportunities :
- part-time robber
- part-time con-man/woman
- part-time ah long
- part-time gangster
- ciplak vcd/dvd sellers
- smuggler specialized in Cigarettes and Alcohol
- penjaga gerai judi
- kaki pukul
- kaki 'pek yau'
Why you should support our kopohration :
- we have our pulis officer under our payroll
- we have castam officer under our payroll
- we even have lawyer to consults if our activities were legal or not
- we are the biggest organized professional group dedicated to support low-income ppl in teh kountry!
What you will get :
- buy toys for your children
- afford to organize your kid's birthday party every year, so they'll have a proper childhood
- send your kids to tuition classes
- pay for your kid's extra curriculum activities/outfield school trip
- pay for your kid's piano classes, drawing lessons, martial arts class
- buy your kids a computer, internet, mobile phone/bills
- extra money for emergency/repair if your cars/motorbike break down
- if your family is sick, able to pay medical bills
- at least bring your family to holiday once a year
- extra money/expense for grandparent during hari raya at kampung
- better Hari raya spirit/expense and new clothes for the family
Sama-sama majulah untuk Negara!
Contact office :
Jabatan Pekerjaan Maresia
Jalan Dataran merdeka
987456 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 012-3456789
Web : [url=http://tinyurl.com/ylcqlxp]http://lowyatkopitiam dot blogspot dot com/[/url]
[spoiler][quote]KUALA LUMPUR 21 Dis. - Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak berkata, ekonomi Malaysia kini di persimpangan kritikal iaitu terperangkap menjadi negara berpendapatan sederhana atau mencapai status berpendapatan tinggi.
Sehubungan itu, kata Perdana Menteri, perubahan struktur ekonomi sangat perlu dilakukan pada peringkat ini bagi mengelakkan Malaysia terperangkap dalam kedudukan negara berpendapatan sederhana.
Menurutnya, persaingan dari segi pengeksportan dalam sektor pembuatan yang secara tradisinya membantu mengerakkan ekonomi negara ini kini berdepan persaingan amat sengit.
"Ini sesuatu yang tidak dapat dielakkan dan sesuatu yang wajib ke atas kita menerima perubahan dan berubah.
"Ia melibatkan perubahan terhadap ekonomi kita dengan bergerak ke atas rantaian aktiviti ekonomi bagi mewujudkan pekerjaan dengan upah lumayan," katanya.
Beliau berkata demikian ketika berucap merasmikan pelancaran Majlis Pelancongan Kesihatan Malaysia di sini hari ini.
Najib berkata, untuk Malaysia mencapai status negara maju menjelang 2020, ekonominya perlu dipacu sektor perkhidmatan.
Jelas beliau, kerajaan meramalkan sektor perkhidmatan akan menjadi pemacu utama pertumbuhan ekonomi dengan berkembang 3.6 peratus pada tahun hadapan.
Reference : [url=http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1268088]http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1268088[/url]
[SPOILER]solution : [url=http://tinyurl.com/ylcqlxp]lowyatkopitiam dot blogspot dot com[/url][/SPOILER]